Dr Jigna Hapani is an Australian trained specialist pain medicine physician who obtained her Fellowship Faculty Pain Medicine ANZCA in October 2020. Dr Hapani has worked as a pain fellow at Canberra Hospital, Peter MacCallum Centre and Melbourne Pain Group and as a pain medicine consultant at Metro Pain Group where she gained experience in outpatient, inpatient and interventional pain management.
Prior to her pain medicine training, Dr Hapani completed cardiac anaesthetic training in India and worked as a specialist anaesthetist in India and Oman before coming to Australia in 2008. She has been a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetist since 2011 and was the supervisor of anaesthetic training in Dubbo NSW. She has worked as an anaesthetist in Victoria, NSW and Queensland.
She believes that a whole of person care approach delivers the best outcomes for patients. Dr Hapani uses evidence based diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to guide multidisciplinary assessment and treatment with the aim of maximizing physical and psychological function, while minimizing pain and unhelpful medications.
- D.A (Diploma in Anaesthesia),
- M.D (Masters in Anaesthetics),
- P.D.C.C (Post Doctoral Certificate Course in Cardiac Anaesthesia),
- C.C.P.PM (Certified Course in Pain and Palliative Medicine),
- FANZCA (Fellowship in Australasian and NZ College of Anaesthetics),
- ECFMG (United States Medical Licensing Examination),
- Certificate Course Peri-operative Medicine,
Her main areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Evidence based Practice and Outcomes research
- Acute Pain Management
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Chronic lumbosacral back pain,
- Neuropathic pains
- Visceral pain